… when the man you’ve known and only vaguely dated for about a week looks at you quite seriously and says, “I hope my four year old daughter that I never get to see grows up to be just like you.”
(I was only 21 years old at the time.)
Submitted by rocket-pool
The last thing you want to do when you’re single is celebrate Valentine’s Day, but GALENTINE’S DAY? Sign us up! Want to host a fantastic evening in or go out with the girls? Here are 5 simple ideas for a fun-filled Galentine’s Day.
- Plan a Beauty Night: Break out the bright nail polish, the swag from ipsy you never got around to trying, or stock up on outrageously adorable sheet masks and enjoy a pampering evening in. Even better, binge watch something you all love like Pitch Perfect, or for something a little unexpected: a horror film! Why not have fun with it?
- Paint the Town Red, but in Yoga Pants: Why not head to your favorite wine bar or martini lounge in yoga pants, a high bun, and minimal (if any) makeup? I guarantee any lady bartenders (and probably some of the dudes slinging drinks) will LOVE you for your honest Galentine’s celebration.
- Hit the Spa: There are couples’ massages, why can’t there be besties’ massages? Go get your toes done and drink some bubbly. Try an absurd sounding yoga class you’ve been contemplating. Whatever floats your boat!
- Pretend You’re 10 Again: Bust out the coloring books, pop some popcorn and build a pillow fort. I’m serious! When’s the last time you built a pillow fort? If you answered anything longer than 24-hours ago, then it’s time for another one. (If you answered yesterday, then you, my friend, are winning at life!)
- Plan a Girls Only Brunch: Galentine’s Day is for everyone! If your man is taking you out that night, plan a Galentine’s Day brunch with your besties. Mimosas and omelets never taste so good as they do when shared with a side of laughter and sisterhood.
I don’t know…
I think if I were to adjust my garter belt and stockings in front of my boyfriend, we’d be postponing dinner (if we made it there at all).
I mean, look at that dude’s face. He doesn’t look disgusted, annoyed, or otherwise disappointed.
I don’t think he’s worried about the loss of her allure. I think he’s thinking about something altogether different.
Like hauling her off to her boudoir and helping her, ahem, adjust her underthings.
Gotta love 1938 dating advice!
What’s some of the wackiest dating advice you’ve ever read or received?
A while back I had an old friend from HS and the crazy years after pop up. He and I and the “serious” girlfriend of the era had dinner. things quickly turned to old days story telling.
Daniel decided he needed to tell a particularly salacious story involving 3 young ladies a state cop and an apple tree. I made the international gesture of DO-not-tell-this-story!
The GF of the moment sees the gesture and proceeds to spend the evening hounding me for the story. at around 2 am I relent and tell the sorted tale, all the way down to spilling the bong on the cops shoes.
Said GF instead of laughing and thrilling at said adventure, is angry. WE never did crazy things like that, it sounds like so much fun! no depiction of how 4 hours explaining how it was not MY bong and I didn’t know that she was 17 are not fun. although it was a really good story I never wanted to do that again.
Dating lesson number 13. never tell your ‘best’ adventure story with a prior GF to the new GF. it never, ever goes well
Submitted by anonymous
Do YOU have a dating story to tell? Submit it here!