We’ve all heard “Maybe he’s just not that into you,” but the same can be said for that girl you’re kind of in a relationship but kind of aren’t in a relationship with. Despite popular belief, women use men for action all the time. While just one of these characteristics won’t tell you much about where your relationship is heading, a combo of two or more are good indicators that she’s just not interested in a relationship with you.
- You’re always her “friend” when you meet someone new. Sure you may be out for drinks before going back to her place, but if she continually downplays who you are, she’s interested in the FWB route, not relationship territory.
- She talks about sex. A lot. This may come in the form of bragging or genuinely curious conversation. And taken on its own, it’s not a sign that she just wants sex, but if combined with some of these other red flags, it might be.
- You get booty calls but her calendar seems to be otherwise full. I’m sure plenty of men have loved the fact that they’re a booty call, but if you’re in the mood for a girlfriend, you should avoid late-night rendezvous with a woman who doesn’t want to see you for dinner.
- She invites you over to her house often. Now, this could just be an awesome gal pal trait, but if she invites you over often, it means she trusts you. It could mean that she views you as just a friend, or it could also mean that she’s totally into you so don’t shy away too quickly if you want to spend more time with her.
- You never really talk. Relationships are built on communication, sharing laughs, and getting to know each other. If she keeps things light and always defaults to flirtation – say, when you’re talking about politics or something objectively serious – then she might not be into you, honey.
For more tips and tricks in Dating Land, check out my Facebook page: Transmissions from Dating Land.
The last thing you want to do when you’re single is celebrate Valentine’s Day, but GALENTINE’S DAY? Sign us up! Want to host a fantastic evening in or go out with the girls? Here are 5 simple ideas for a fun-filled Galentine’s Day.
- Plan a Beauty Night: Break out the bright nail polish, the swag from ipsy you never got around to trying, or stock up on outrageously adorable sheet masks and enjoy a pampering evening in. Even better, binge watch something you all love like Pitch Perfect, or for something a little unexpected: a horror film! Why not have fun with it?
- Paint the Town Red, but in Yoga Pants: Why not head to your favorite wine bar or martini lounge in yoga pants, a high bun, and minimal (if any) makeup? I guarantee any lady bartenders (and probably some of the dudes slinging drinks) will LOVE you for your honest Galentine’s celebration.
- Hit the Spa: There are couples’ massages, why can’t there be besties’ massages? Go get your toes done and drink some bubbly. Try an absurd sounding yoga class you’ve been contemplating. Whatever floats your boat!
- Pretend You’re 10 Again: Bust out the coloring books, pop some popcorn and build a pillow fort. I’m serious! When’s the last time you built a pillow fort? If you answered anything longer than 24-hours ago, then it’s time for another one. (If you answered yesterday, then you, my friend, are winning at life!)
- Plan a Girls Only Brunch: Galentine’s Day is for everyone! If your man is taking you out that night, plan a Galentine’s Day brunch with your besties. Mimosas and omelets never taste so good as they do when shared with a side of laughter and sisterhood.
A while back I had an old friend from HS and the crazy years after pop up. He and I and the “serious” girlfriend of the era had dinner. things quickly turned to old days story telling.
Daniel decided he needed to tell a particularly salacious story involving 3 young ladies a state cop and an apple tree. I made the international gesture of DO-not-tell-this-story!
The GF of the moment sees the gesture and proceeds to spend the evening hounding me for the story. at around 2 am I relent and tell the sorted tale, all the way down to spilling the bong on the cops shoes.
Said GF instead of laughing and thrilling at said adventure, is angry. WE never did crazy things like that, it sounds like so much fun! no depiction of how 4 hours explaining how it was not MY bong and I didn’t know that she was 17 are not fun. although it was a really good story I never wanted to do that again.
Dating lesson number 13. never tell your ‘best’ adventure story with a prior GF to the new GF. it never, ever goes well
Submitted by anonymous
Do YOU have a dating story to tell? Submit it here!